Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Student Driver

Today I saw a semi trailer labeled Student Driver. My first reaction was “I do not want to be near this guy.” “He isn’t trained!” Any smart person knows you do not want to be around a beginner driver who happens to be controlling a 50 foot steal box.

I had no idea that semi drivers participated in any kind of driving training. Then I realized why I have never known that. The reason: many of the semi drivers on the road don’t drive like they have had any training!

I guess it is somewhat comforting to know that they have received a least a little bit of training. I wouldn’t want to see how they drove if they didn’t. There would probably be daily occurrences of semi’s taking out cars and buildings because they turned to sharp.

I wonder if the driving instructor has a brake pedal on his side of the student semi …

0 comments: