Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
- New niece and nephew were born (twins, fraternal)
- Waffles for dinner
- Early bed time
- INTENSE cleaning
- Raked leaves at cemetery for a service project (weather was so nice!)
- Hot chocolate and chatting with fun friends
- Hot shower and greeted by Krispie Cream donuts (Hubby is SO good to me!)
- Neighbor shared homemade chicken noodle soup
- Visit from a wonderful mother-in-law
- Shopping trip to Kohls with Hubby to snag the perfect heels for only $12
- Stake conference. Sweet spirit and much needed enlightenment and encouragement
- Tried on new Sunday outfit. FINALLY decided I had all the pieces.
- Slept in till 8:30. Later then normal.
- Put on new Sunday outfit. Felt cute.
- Stake Conference. Once again very inspiring and uplifting.
- Left immediately after stake conference to drive to Kaysville
- Lunch on the road (yogurt, Cool Ranch Doritos, crackers & fruit snacks)
- Brother (soon to be Elder) and dad gave wonderful talks
- Short nap• Delicious dinner
- Visit to hospital to see the new babies!! (so adorable, check out the pics below
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Note To Self: Don't press enter after putting in the title. This will publish your unwritten post.
I am bit behind on my weekend review but here it is anyway.
Friday: [Just want to say how I never remember what I do on this day. Takes a lot of remembering]
- Dinner made [second meal out of two for the whole week. I am a slacker]
- Visiting with newly wedded brother and sister-in-law.
- Lesson planning
- Grocery list making
- Family pictures [will share once I have some]
- Pre-Thanksgiving dinner [Lil bro is going to serve a mission and is leaving before the real Thanksgiving so we thought we would have one before he leaves]
- Late night drive back to Provo
- Lesson given
- Lunch with neighbors [Have a new sandwich to try out!]
- Much needed nap
- Dinner with neighbors [We got taken care of on Sunday which was truly wonderful because we didn't make it to the grocery store on Saturday and we had NO food whatsoever]
- Peanut butter bar making [The lack of food never occurs in the sweets area. I am ALWAYS prepared]
- Movie watching/cuddling with hubby [Love comes Softly Series, I am quite liking them so far]
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
- Halloween party at work & won best costume!
- Watched Gilmore Girls
- Fries & a hamburger for dinner
- Slept in with Husband (love this!)
- Made traditional Halloween stew & scones for the first time. It was DELICIOUS!
- Lit all our Jack-o-Lanterns, including my crafty ones
- Shopped for shoes
- Ate cupcakes
- Treated some trick-or-treaters
- Watched Gilmore Girls in bed (are you noticing a trend? more to come on that later)
- Wonderful meetings. Including the sharing of member missionary experiences that Husband and I have had recently
- Taco stacks
- Sipping hot apple cider on balcony, looking at the almost full moon
- Chats with family
- Pillow fight
- Cereal eating on the counter (somehow we both fit) and a REALLY good laugh!
Friday, October 30, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
I made a cute Trick or Treat sign and some sweet tin can jack-o-lanterns!
Here is a close up. I tried to get the glowy effect. The pic doesn't do it justice. It looks so cool and I had so much fun turning out all our lights and seeing their fun faces!
Here is a close up of the sign. I love the cute/spooky background. This was super easy mostly because everything was provided for us! Now I am hoping for a Christmas decorating making activity!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
- Picked up package from UPS
- Took myself shopping to Target. Got this killer cute jacket!
- Ate popcorn & chocolate and watched Saved by the Bell in bed with my sweet hubby!
- Cleaning/Laundry (I was lucky to get washers this weekend)
- Payless Shoe stop. Cute shoes, jewelry and purse all for cheap!
- Quick Wal-mart trip
- Finished my living room wall project (see pic below)
- Dinner at Gloria's Little Italy with Husband
- Last minute work needed done by Monday
- Church (ward conference. I was the chosen benediction giver)
- Training (starting a new program I am SO excited about. Pursuit of Excellence)
- Dinner (never making country fried steaks EVER again, did make some yummy mashed potatoes though)
- Games at ward members house. Husband and I are pretty good at Cranium (at least the creative ones)
- Pillow talk
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I am determined to do more blogging though. So here goes a quick recap of the weekend...
- watched a movie with friends ("New in Town", I now have overwhelming urges to talk like I am from Minnesota)
- went to bed late because we could (No LSAT practice test Sat. morning!!!)
- watched lil sisters soccer game (made me want to play again)
- chatted with mom
- grocery shopping (Worst Walmart trip of my life. I have vowed to never go to the Orem Walmart EVER again)
- curtain hanging (Husband did this for me. They look good!)
- filling out law school applications
- early church
- cooked first roast ever
- tried this new cookie recipe
- had enjoyable conversation with the love of my life
It was a great weekend and I am looking forward to another one!
Friday, September 25, 2009
Me rapelling! The wall wasn't as fus as...
...the free falling! Love this! Tiny bit scary at first but so cool!
Me and my cute mom who was so kind as to invite me to their Enrichment activity so I could rappel!
Another highlight the last two weeks was that Spencer, Husbands brother, got married to his now beautiful wife Wendy! So excited to have another awesome sister-in-law! Here are few pics from the day.
The Bride and Groom.aka Spencer & Wendy.
The cute church they got married in
The Leavitt brothers (minus Tyler he wasn't there yet)
Me and Husband! Doesn't he look handsome?
Husband and Blair doing their gangsta signs. Saying "WORD!"
Me and Ellie's shoes. The girls had the cutest "princess" dresses and were the most adorable flower girls ever!
We had a great time at the wedding and both Husband and I are so happy for Spencer and Wendy!
The last and final highlight is that Husband and I had our 5 month anniversary on Thursday September 24th! Can you believe it has been 5 months already? We have almost been married half a year! I love married life and I love my husband even more! He is truly a blessing in my life.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
We were headed to Smith's and on the way we were reminiscing about how much of the time during my growing up years we had gone to Smith's. My mom mentioned that she hadn't been to Smith's in a really long time as she usually goes to a grocer closer to home.
Our experience once inside Smith's was definitely one to remember. The purpose of going to Smith's was to purchase some cinnamon bread that no other grocer carries. My mom was going to "stock" up. Well of course because she came to "stock" up there were only two loaves left and as my mom put it "this will feed our family for one meal."
Needless to say some more loaves would have been nice. So my mom decides to ask one of the girls working near the bakery. Here is how the conversation went...
Mom: Do you by chance have any more loaves of this bread in the back?
Teenage punk girl: I have NO IDEA! [said with a hint of valley girl and a little too much attitude]
Nice helpful boy: You know they might. I will go check.
[I just want to point out that one of these two paid attention in customer service training and the other did not. I'll let you take a guess on that one.]
Nice helpful boy: Sorry, there weren't any back there.
Teenage punk girl: [Now decides to share her wisdom about the cinnamon bread] Yeah, they bake that fresh everyday. So once its gone its gone.
[Thank you teenage punk girl. So glad you told us this AFTER you claimed to have "NO IDEA" with what was going on]
I may or may not have re-enacted this a couple times, one of which teenage punk girl might have over heard and decided to try out that thing they call customer service.
The fun didn't end there though. We went to check out and my mom asked about the Fresh Values card that Smith's offers. Specifically my mom just wanted to know if it was free. The girl filled us in and graciously allowed us to have the discount without having to sign up that day. Then we get to the humorous part. She then proceeds to ask...
What!??????? What kind of question is that? Do you just assume that if we have the nerve to not have a Fresh Values card that we must be from out of town? It had to be the weirdest question I have ever been asked. I wanted so badly to know what her thought process to come to the conclusion that it would be a good thing to ask us that.
We left Smith's vowing never to return.
"It's your lucky day! To get a valid parking sticker."
Oh yay! I am so excited it is my lucky day! Now I get to fork over more money for a little parking tag so that I can have the PRIVILEGE of parking in my very own apartment complex parking lot in which I don't already pay a fortune to live in anyway.
Seriously, I want to meet the person who made that flier and find out why in heavens name the phrase "lucky day" came to mind.
[A quick side note: Documentation of all you pay for can save lives! Or save you $25. I was able to prove to my managers that we already paid our $25 parking sticker which she told me we had NOT paid for. A little paperwork can go a long way. The end.]
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday at home with the fam while Husband got some serious studying done. We had a delightful Sunday dinner with my family and then Husband and I drove back to Provo.
Now Monday is where the fun begins. First of all no work no school life is already good. Add in some good breakfast and deep cleaning and you are already at a great day! Then Husband and I drove to Park City to have a little adventure on the zip line. True we had to wait in line for a little while but it was so worth it. Afterwards we did a little shopping, came home at some delicious frozen pizza and fresh fruit. It was a WONDERFUL day!
Not to mention we now have a short week. So nice. Here are some pics from our labor day activities.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
I have now been working full time for a year and this was the first time that I wasn't either going back to school or having something new and exciting happen (starting a new job last year) and I struggled a bit. And then to top it off the summer months are almost over and the cold is coming and I am just not ready for it!
I decided I need something to look forward to and I am on the hunt to find that something. I will let you know as soon as I find it. If you have any great ideas please share!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
But don't worry I am getting over it. [I stare at that hole until I am good and ready to leave the bathroom]
So I am sure that hole won't bother me for much longer. [It is going to bother me till the day I quit using that bathroom or someone covers up that hole]
Just wanted to share how I am overcoming my little paranoia's : )
Friday, August 7, 2009
Here are two pics from the evening.
L to R Husband, President Quatel and Spencer Frye
Past missionaries from 2002-2005 that served with President Quatel
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
- I got an ice cream sandwich at work
- I had a nap at lunch
- I have a cute mouse pad
- I had all the ingredients for soup (I successfully put off going to the grocery store yet another day)
- I received a love text from both Husband AND a bestest
From here on out instead of negative Nelly I am going to be positive Polly! : )
Monday, August 3, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
I have a job! (and the crowd goes wild!)
[Did you notice that rhymed. Anywho...]
I have been very fortunate and blessed to have been hired by a company called Zinch Inc. This is an awesome company that I think has a great business idea. These guys are helping connect students with scholarships and the college best suited for them. It is match making for students and schools. Cool huh!?
I am really excited about this new opportunity. I am anxious to begin work and to dive in head first. Getting through the learning curve of a new job can be difficult sometimes but I am hoping that I will survive and come out on top.
I want to thank all my wonderful friends and past collegues who helped me get things together so that I could put my best foot forward as I searched for a new job. I couldn't have done it without you!
Here's to a new job and new opportunities!
- Irritation of the Cornea or Conjunctiva
- Lack of sleep
- Prolonged staring at a computer screen or television
- Nervous system disorders
At this point I think my eye twitch is being caused by prolonged staring at a computer screen or maybe stress although I don't think I am that stressed. Anywho...hopefully the twitch will go away soon because it is really starting to bug.
All my eye twitching information was found here.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
First of all just about two weeks ago I was laid off from my job. For obvious reasons I am just now writing about this. It was a bit of a shock but I am doing well. It is a tough economy out there and everyone is feeling it. I find comfort in the fact that I am not out of job because of a lack of performance on my end but that business is business and sometimes things have to be done for the sake of the business.
I am doing well though and keeping optimistic about the future. I have had an interview and I am just waiting to hear back...so keep your fingers crossed. I think the hardest part about being laid off is not seeing the people that I had become such good friends with. I miss seeing all my colleagues and friends at Connect. They have been a great support and I am so glad that I had the chance to get to know them.
Now onto much more fun and HAPPY thoughts! Husband and I took a sweet vacation to California to Mammoth Mountain for the Olson family reunion. Here are a few of the low lights and highlights.
- NINE HOURS IN THE CAR WITH NOTHING TO LOOK AT!
-One night on an air mattress
- NINE HOURS IN THE CAR WITH NOTHING TO LOOK AT!
- Beautiful scenery and cool sites (AFTER we got to Mammoth)
- Relaxing (for the most part) bike ride with Husband down a road that anyone would be happy to ride down.
- Delicious dinners (pulled pork, Hawaiian haystacks, lasagna)
- Tennis (Husband and I almost beat the brothers...one point...so close)
- Swimming/Sun bathing/Reading
- Hard core playing with two of the most adorable girls in the world (hide and seek, freeze tag, spinning, lot's of spinning, swimming and Go Fish)!
- Zoning by mother-in-law and a glorious nap
- Skit performed with Husband's family (stole the show, we were a total hit!)
- Service project picking up trash around a gorgeous lake (adventurous husband jumping in lake)
- Family pictures (with 9 siblings and their families present this got REALLY interesting)
- Game of soccer in which yours truly scored a goal for the other team (on accident) but made up for it by making 3 goals for MY team! So much fun and so tiring (someone is VERY out of shape)
- Hot tubbing
- Saved by the Bell
- Good conversation
- Quality time with Husband
We had a wonderful time on our vacation and will cherish the memories we made. Below are a few pictures from our Mammoth adventure.
I was set on seeing something cool like the biggest ball of yarn but unfortunately there is NOTHING in Nevada except this huge rocket looking thing which I like to refer to as the "Torpedo" I made Husband stop so we could get a picture because it was literally ALL that was out there. Oh and one mailbox.