Thursday, July 30, 2009

Did you know?

The last two days I have had a twitching problem. An eye twitching problem that is and it is REALLY annoying. Husband kept telling me that it was because I was dehydrated and so finally out of pure curiosity I looked up the cause of eye twitching and this is what I found.

Eye twitching is caused by an abnormal functioning of certain nerve areas located at the base of the brain which control the coordination of muscle movements. In the majority of people it appears without any real known cause.Frequently, the signs and symptoms of dry eye occur right before or along with the appearance of eye twitching.

Other common eye twitch causes include:
  • Stress
  • Irritation of the Cornea or Conjunctiva
  • Fatigue
  • Lack of sleep
  • Prolonged staring at a computer screen or television
  • Nervous system disorders

At this point I think my eye twitch is being caused by prolonged staring at a computer screen or maybe stress although I don't think I am that stressed. Anywho...hopefully the twitch will go away soon because it is really starting to bug.

All my eye twitching information was found here.

2 comments:

Rachel Lacy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooh the amazing things you are learning! Who needs a job? Maybe your eye is twitching from too much reading under a tree! Which sounds wonderful. I think you should wait as long as possible to get a job if your day consists of have picnics under the shade of a tree!

natalie leavitt said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

so now the lazy eye has a twitch, eh? good luck with that!