Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Self Mastery

I have jumped on the motivation train and decided to take some action to better myself. I fully recognize that it is going to be hard, painful and probably not that fun at times but I am going to do it anyway! It is an amazing thing when you can master yourself and that is what I am out to do. Here are the goals:

1. Wake up on time every weekday morning. This means no later than 7:00. This also means a 10:30 bedtime as well.[Saturday is my one day off. I mean come a girl can't just give up sleeping cold turkey. Church is at 8:00 on Sunday so no luck there]

2. Exercise at least 4 times a week. [I am hoping for more but you know life happens or you hurt all over so I am going to keep it at 4]

3. No sweets for a month. [This is going to be the kicker, already has been. I am a girl that LOVES her chocolate and so what am I supposed to do when I need a little sweet something after my meal!?]

These are all going to be pretty darn challenging. I have gotten into some bad habits of sleeping in, eating crap and not exercising so hopefully these goals will change all that and I can become a better, healthier person. I will keep you posted on how I am doing. [I can guarantee that there are going to be some "I NEED CHOCOLATE" posts coming]. I will let you know what I am doing to become more fit, curb the sweet tooth and get my tooshy out of bed in the morning.

I am looking forward to proving to myself that I can do all of these things and hopefully come out of it with some much better habits in place.

3 comments:

natalie leavitt said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

those sound like a few of my goals! the sweets one is harder than i thought it would be!!! you'll do great

Nathan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Feel free to pass all your sweets over to me.

I'll give them a good home.

Rachel Lacy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

lol first of all I'll just say "Why are you doing this to yourself!?! and to Danny?" The waking up early and exercising are good goals but going without sweets? That's just not necessary! And it makes things worse because your body knows you are going without so it will want them even more. Just satisy yourself with a simple treat then you won't constantly think about how you can't have it. Deprivation is never the key. lol it mostly makes me laugh because you have tried this many times before. I know what you get like without chocolate....Danny better watch out! lol jk. As a health educator...I say sweets are deffinitly ok in moderation. You are a silly, why do you do this to yourself? lol wow this was a long post! I guess I should have just wrote you an email or something!