Wednesday, October 29, 2008

one of those days

I had "one of those days" today. The day actually started off pretty good. I got up on time (first time in like two weeks), had time to eat breakfast (slowly), read, and get to work at a decent time oh and not to mention I actually got ready for the day.

The bad began when I got to work. Don't get me wrong I love my job but I have had a really light work load as of late, I mean we're talking REALLY light, to the point that it is almost non existent. So the problem comes when I sit for 8 hours a day trying to feel like reading online trade publications is work enough to have earned my salary. Needless to say I feel somewhat bad/guilty about this.

I have been wanting to talk to my supervisor about the possibility of me getting on some accounts sometime in the near future, so I finally got brave and...sent an e-mail. I know...I know...I am a total chicken but I really didn't want to come off as a complainer/whiner I just wanted to know where things were at as far as getting me a little more consistent work. You know if someone needs a reminder that I exist then I would really like that reminder to be made. My supervisor is so great and really is doing all he can to help me out. Unfortunately much of what needs to be decided is out of his hands, so that was slightly disappointing but I think that it will get better soon...I hope.

Anywho...

I left work feeling somewhat discouraged and just feeling like the day had given me a beating AND I had a zit growing (you know growing zits just have a way of dampening your day, especially when you feel like you should be out of that "stage"). I got home and shortly after i arrived one of the owners who was doing clean checks (who was supposed to come yesterday but didn't have a key to get in, yeah go figure on that one) came and breezed through our apt hardly looking at anything (I'm glad we cleaned so much, jeez) and then passed us. So that was good. I also got new blinds, which now open and close, which is also nice.

I went on a run to try and relieve some stress. It was beautiful. It was so nice out and I really enjoyed my solidarity and just letting my mind go. So I am running along feeling better and better with each step and then... wha bam!... I look up and guess what I see? A black cat. I just started laughing! My bad day had just been topped off with a sighting of a black cat. Wonderful. I don't claim to be superstitious but this was just too funny that I happened upon a black cat on what I would consider a not so great day. I guess I can plan on having a few more bad days in the future. Lucky me... or I guess not so lucky me!

2 comments:

Nathan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sorry to hear about your day. Light workloads may seem nice in theory, but I know exactly what you mean about how useless you feel.

Rachel Lacy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wooha I like the new look of the blog. Get'n all crafty.