Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fabulous Weekend

I truly had one of the greatest weekends ever and surprisingly it happened on the weekend of Halloween. Here is what I did and why it was so wonderful!

First I got to eat stew and scones, the Garrett family traditional Halloween meal, on Friday night with S.O. who came down for the weekend (obviously that being one of the main components of why the weekend was so great). We enjoyed dinner together and then proceeded to check out what I decided to refer to as "The Pumpkin Patch." The Pumpkin Patch was really just a house in West Layton that had close to 100 carved pumpkins. Now these aren't just your cut two triangles for they eyes, one for the nose, and a crescent moon for the mouth. There were carvings with Sean Connery's face, Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean, and of course your standard spooky ghosts and ghouls. They were so cool looking! Some of the pumpkins were hard to tell right at first what they were and it turned into a fun game to try and see who could figure it out first. The rest of the night consisted of chatting by the fire with the parents and playing two versions of Speed. The first being S.O.'s version which I only lost by a hair and second my version which I pretty much whomped on S.O.

Saturday morning I spent time with my family and just enjoyed being home. I went running which just about killed me. I couldn't decide if it was the elevation difference from Kaysville to Provo or if it was the fact that I hadn't exercised in two days and ate a bunch of crap the day before...I am thinking it was the elevation. Later in the afternoon S.O., his two cute younger brothers, and I all went up Farmington Canyon on four wheelers. It was so much fun! We started at close to 70 degrees weather at the bottom of the mountain and by the time we got to the top it was at least in the 40's. Talk about cold! It was definitely worth it for the view once we got to the top. I had fun driving and riding and just plain being outdoors. Below are some pictures from the four wheeler excursion.

After showering for the second time (I was basically covered in a thin film of dirt over my entire body and a significant amount of dirt was embedded in my hair once we were back down the mountain) I headed to S.O.'s house for dinner with his family. S.O. gave me the low down on voting and what to expect. We went through each of the decisions I had to make and by the end I felt a little more at ease about the whole voting thing. The best part of the night had to have been our walk through the park. We talked, swung on the swings, played on the playground toys, and even played in the leaves. I am calling it my "could have been in a movie" night. For real if someone would have been recording it we could have totally made a chick flick and been a HUGE hit! Well at least in my mind : ) Later back at S.O.'s house the power went out because there was a thunder storm. That was kind of cool too. We just sat in his living room and talked by the light of an old fashioned lamp. It was so great!

Sunday S.O. came to church with me and met a bunch of the wardies and of course was a huge hit and everyone approved of him. I was so proud! I loved taking him around and introducing him to everyone. I sure do have a great guy who I am VERY fond of. I really just plain enjoyed the weekend so much and was so sad when Monday rolled around. I had a Monday with a vengeance but I think that it was all worth it for the great weekend that I had...yeah definitely worth it.

1 comments:

Rachel Lacy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute Cute! Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend!