Monday, November 10, 2008

abslolutely no exceptions...unless

I have a very staunch rule that there will be no Christmas music listening until AFTER Thanksgiving. This is just one of those little pet peeves of mine.

Poor little Thanksgiving gets overlooked every single year! The moment the Halloween decorations come down the Christmas lights go up. What about the cornucopia? When does it get its moment of glory? I honestly LOVE Christmas, I really do, but I think that it just like all the other holiday's should wait its turn.

So in order to support Thanksgiving and give it the attention it deserves I refuse to listen to Christmas music before the Thanksgiving feast has commenced.

Now that being said...I fell to temptation today. I was reading one of my favorite blogs Seriously So Blessed and her playlist began playing "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey. I would like to remind you that I did not search out this music, it was thrust upon me. I am completely positive that this must have been of the devil because there is NO WAY I could resist listening to my favorite Christmas song! I succumbed to the enticing sounds and listened to the whole song...

twice...

I know. I am ashamed. But don't fear I have recommitted to my no Christmas music before Thanksgiving policy and will do my very best to uphold this standard all the way until November 25th after which Christmas music is FULLY permitted.

2 comments:

Holly said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hahaha! i noticed that too, and i was tempted.

J S said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow... from one "I'm pet peeved with Christmas music before Thanksgiving" to another I say shame on you! :) haha! I fell for The Forgotten Carols last Sunday..