Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Scary Water Cooler

I had a somewhat embarrassing moment at the water cooler the other day. It potentially could have been a lot more embarrassing but luckily no one was around to see. This is what went down…


I went back to the water cooler to fill up my water bottle. I began filling up my water bottle and looked up and out of the window. Outside of the window there was one of those big security trucks that carry loads of money around in them. What happened next is flat out proof that women’s minds go a million miles an hour.


Within in a couple of seconds I had envisioned some “bad guy” coming and breaking into this truck, stealing money and then making a break for it through our building and running right passed me, possibly threatening me with a gun or something (yeah I thought about all that in a matter of seconds)


Meanwhile I am still filling up my water bottle. So as the water cooler always does it makes a gulping noise as the water gets lower and I jumped.


That’s right the gulping water cooler scared me. My heart even skipped a beat or two! I immediately looked up to make sure no one else was around to see me get scared by an inanimate object. Luckily no one was. I think it scared me because of the previous thoughts I was having...that is my guess.


Don’t worry though I don’t think it will turn into a phobia of the water cooler.

2 comments:

J S said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hahaha! I feel like I just watched a full on motion picture...that was quite an adventure!

I get the same heart skippage every time that my grandpa sneaks down the stairs and just busts open the door and says "are you there, Jared?" He gets me every time! :)

Life is just full of adventures isn't it?

Nathan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm sad I missed it! My wife is the same way (continually seeing threats), but I'm happier that she is paranoid and safe than oblivious and in danger.