Monday, November 10, 2008

BYU Football!

I had the wonderful opportunity to attend my very first BYU football game. S.O. was here in Provo this weekend (that is two weekends in a row!) for a competition that he participated and part of the deal was that he got a ticket to the BYU game and because he is so good fanazled a way to get me one as well. Luckily I don't live extremely far from BYU so a walk to the stadium only took us like 20 minutes. It was a breeze and for all who know me you know I hate driving, and you know that I really hate driving in traffic so this was probably a really good thing that I didn't drive because...one we may not have made it all in one piece and two I probably wouldn't have been in the greatest of moods once we had gotten to the game. No worries though, I didn't drive and neither of those occurred.

I was anticipating that it was going to be cold. It is November for heavens sake. I put my thermals on under my pants, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, coat, hat, scarf, gloves, the works. I was ready! Well about 3 minutes into our walk I was sweating bullets and REALLY regretting the thermals. The only good thing about all my clothing preparation was that it was very useful as padding for my bum on the hard bleachers.

I obviously shed a few layers and put on the sun glasses because boy was it warm! It was a great day for a football game. It really was the perfect temperature. I felt bad for S.O. because he didn't have his sunglasses and we were looking right into the sun. We were playing the not so great San Diego and at first we weren't really playing as well as we should have. I think they were stooping to the level of San Diego. It didn't take long before we had secured a good lead. It was fun to be in that atmosphere. Being a BYU-I graduate I never experienced that kind of school spirit. It was fun to see the traditions that are had for every touchdown, field goal, first down and so forth. I was beginning to get the hang of the school song before the game was over.

S.O. had to take off a little early to take the shuttle back to Rexburg : ( and so I enjoyed a little walk back to my apt. on my own. Not going to lie it was much more enjoyable doing it with someone especially a special someone. The game was fun and I am looking forward to going to more BYU sporting events. It is lots of fun! Here are a few pics taken at the game.

S.O. and Robert (fellow BYU-Idahoian who was on S.O.'s team for the competition)


Robert, S.O. and I enjoying the game and the wonderful weather! It was a little bright hence S.O.'s squinting face. Oh and Robert totally snuck into this picture, he did a good job you can't even tell he wasn't supposed to be in the pic.


Half time show. They did a mortal combat piece and the flag girls fought one another and also showed a big version of guitar hero by using colored umbrellas to show the notes. Classic comment from some kid behind me "I could totally play that!"

2 comments:

Rachel Lacy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooh no Miss!!! Don't do it! Don't become a zoobie on me! You enjoyed the BYU game!?! BYU??? Ok I can see how you would enjoy being with, S.O. (better stick with the nickname)but learning the song!?! Rise and shout the cougars are out!?!?! Oh no don't do it. You better not have done the weird one where they swing their arms up and down like retarded looking robots. Are you realling becoming a BYU fan???? BYU fans are Brock's favorite things to make fun of! Wow! I guess it was only a matter of time before it happened. I guess we can start trash talking each other now. Just read my blog and beat that...ohh wait you can't....sorry BYU isn't good at all! But thanks for the quest for perfection. We're working on it here at the U. I can't wait for the BYU vs U game....two undefeated teams...you guys are undefeated aren't you??? Because both beat TCU, right? Or am I mistaken? OOOH no wait you guys lost to TCU....no not just lost...got creamed by TCU. lol (that last little part was from Brock. He likes to dish it out every chance he gets.) lol don't worry though, I still love you! I'm planning on writing you an email back at work today...so look for it. love ya

Rachel Lacy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey little miss you are the one who chose to become a BYU fan..no one forced you into it! I guess we will make one...oh wait...two exceptions to our rule of hating BYU fans..you and S.O. We still love you! It just broke my heart a little bit to hear you bragging about BYU, I'll get over it. lol jk. Love you!! Did you get my email?