Monday, November 24, 2008

grandma corner

This weekend I had the pleasure of attending S.O.'s ward and as he likes to say "show me off." Don't worry I already "showed him off" a couple weeks ago. We of course got to enjoy the first two meetings together but then of course there is the fated separation that must occur. Now we still WANT to be together so separating is sometimes a painful thing.

Needless to say I was concerned about not being with him and of course and even bigger concern of who was I going to sit by in RS! [his mom serves in the nursery and his visiting married sister was missing in action. So I was left to fend for myself]. Luckily the sweetest sister ever came up to us and asked if I would like to sit by her in RS. I thankfully accepted. Before I knew it I was surrounded by some of the cutest old ladies ever.

I just have to comment on my experience in RS. Now as adorable as each of these old ladies were they could not sing if their little delicate lives depended on it. Of course they all THOUGHT that they could sing so they were not holding back...at all. It was so bad I found that I couldn't even sing! All the sudden I had lost all ability to even carry a tune, they sucked any musical talent that I have out of me. There were a couple ladies who THOUGHT that they should be in the Mormon Tabernacle choir and that their talent wasn't truly appreciated. Others thought that they were the undiscovered opera star and were happily sharing their talents with the rest of the room.

To top it off I was swimming in an cloud of "grandma perfume" as I like to call it. You know the smell. The scent that smells like it is 70 years old and also is more powerful then you could ever imagine a perfume being. You almost get to the point that you wonder if you are going to start hallucinating because the fumes are starting to get to you.

Besides the fact that I was surrounded by a bunch of Mormon Tab wannabes who smelled like they walked out of 1950 I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the grandma corner.

3 comments:

Hane-nahMarie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

No Way, i have a similar thing to post that kind of compliments your Grandma's Corner. Maybe i'll put it up for tomorrow , we'll have to see. oh my, that picture. its a gem!

Rachel Lacy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Easy on the grandmas...lol those are cute pictures though.

Nov. 23, 2008
I'm grateful for your long blogs...for 2 great reasons.

1) I get a little update on your life that I wouldn't have otherwise. I get to hear the highlights of your day and some of your random thoughts.

2) My teeth get extra clean. Because of the wonderful gadget kown as "followers" all of your emails go straight to my phone. So to multi-task I brush my teeth while reading your blog posts off my phone. Needless to say, I end up brushing my teeth for 6+ minutes. No cavities this year thanks to your blog!

Love you! We need to get together sometime.

Rachel Lacy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are welcome for bringing in millions for the conference. I want to know what this "we" stuff is all about. "we are glad you won so the conference gets more money." When you say it like that it sounds a awful lot like you're alluding to the fact that you are a BYU fan. lol have you been talking to Danny about it? How did you know Utah winning brought the conference money? I love it.

Sorry about the delay, I'm posting something on my blog right now. When are we getting together?