Saturday, November 29, 2008

Me + Cooking= Bad News

I had a horrible realization this week. I pretty much stink at cooking. I always knew I wasn't the greatest but when I burned a sandwich that I was just trying to grill I realized that I need help. Poor S.O. was stuck eating a burnt sandwich for lunch. I swear that sucker (the sandwich that is) burnt in like 30 seconds. I was trying to be so careful NOT to burn the sandwiches but to no avail they burned.

I pin pointed what it is that turns me from bad cook to horrible cook and that is cooking for others. As soon as I am cooking for someone else all cooking skills go out of the window. I get nervous like I always did before my piano recitals (hated piano recitals and probably could have vomited every time I had one). I am somewhat of a perfectionist and that doesn't help with the low cooking self esteem. I am determined to get better though. It is just going to take practice and some willing and forgiving eaters who will endure what could be some really frightening attempts at meals so that I can overcome my cooking inabilities.

P.S. I come from a family of really good cooks my hope is that they all started out like me and that maybe there is still some hope for me.

2 comments:

Nathan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can only cook a few things marginally well. Unfortunately, they are all different forms of junk food.

Rachel Lacy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

lol I was just trying to get a good reaction out of you... Worked like a charm...lol like the good old days. I know you love Christmas music. And I can only imagine how many times you have listened to "All I want for Christmas is you." Especially this year (its very applicable to you and your situation) I even put it on my play list for you. lol I was pretty much thinking about you and S.O. the entire time I was writing that post...I'm just so excited for you! We love it (Brock loves seeing you happy too. He commented about it several times saturday night). Can't wait for the next get together. Love ya